Welcome! The Thoreau Park Title I staff is Ms. Schubert, Mrs. Sherry, Ms. Balach and Ms. Eschweiler. We are working
with small groups of students on reading skills during daily PIE time
(Prevention, Intervention, Enrichment).This enable us to teach your
child geared to his or her academic needs. Individualized groups will
lead to improved self -esteem and classroom success.
How to help read at home:
- Read 10 minutes every day (at least!)
- Let your child see you read and/or read with your child
- Read billboards, menus, TV guides, etc.
- Go to the library regularly
- Give books as gifts
- Make reading fun--make it a reading campout (get a flashlight and read under the covers)
- Send a text message to grandma or your best friend